Saturday, June 19, 2010
Orioles are as big as Maina and important color is bright Yellow which is very Attractive. Most of the time they spent in search of small fruits and insects on trees. They prefer jungles and hills than courtyards even though they appear often. Before Monsoon starts they migrate to other countries. There are three main varieties of Orioles are in Kerala.
1. Indian -Golden- Oriole ( ഇന്ത്യന് മഞ്ഞക്കിളി )
2. BlackNaped Oriole ( ചീന മഞ്ഞക്കിളി )
3. BlackHeaded Oriole ( മഞ്ഞക്കറുപ്പന് )
Saturday, April 3, 2010
Mainly there are three varieties of BULBULs. Commonly seen in Bushes and in Gardens. They eat small fruits and rarely insects. Even though they will not sing in long ragas like robin or variety of sounds like ilakkili, always they make sweet sounds which remind us temple bells or wild streams. There small heart will be always filled with joy and there tongue will never rest - unless they sleep!
1. Redvented Bulbul ( നാട്ടുബുള്ബുള് )
2. Redwhiskered Bulbul ( ഇരട്ടത്തലച്ചി )
3. Whitebrowed Bulbul ( തവിടന് ബുള്ബുള് )